The Madison Square Boys Club’s original clubhouse sat on 30th street, between First and Second Avenue and served the boys of the neighborhood beginning in May 1920. In 1939, The Hayden Foundation donated the money for a new building at 301 East 29th Street. The cornerstone for the building was set in November 1939 with construction ending in April 1940, it is hard to imagine that such a building could be constructed in less than 6 months today. The Boys Club contained a rooftop play area, 游泳池, 剧院, 体育馆, 教室, “篝火房”, an activity center and many other areas within the building to keep kids busy and out of trouble. Neighborhood children were given the opportunity to learn 剧院, 艺术, 体育, 户外技能, and generally existed as a place for kids to spend free time. The building was a meeting place for kids from all over the neighborhood and for nearly 60 years lived its mission to serve young people. 1999年关闭.